Illinois Law Enforcement Alarm System
Purpose of ILEAS
The Illinois Law Enforcement Alarm System (ILEAS) is a statewide law enforcement mutual aid system. The purpose of the Alarm System is:
- To provide immediate extra law enforcement manpower and equipment at the scene of law enforcement emergencies.
- To provide for an automatic and systematic response of law enforcement manpower teams.
- To provide for contractual responsibilities and liabilities.
- To provide broad area coverage.
- To foster a cooperative spirit for law enforcement emergency planning.
- To provide access to specialized manpower and equipment which no one department could afford to maintain.
ILEAS does not relieve a community of its responsibility to provide adequate manpower and equipment for day-to-day law enforcement operations. Each agency has its first line of defense and its reserves. A community may only report to ILEAS when a law enforcement emergency has caused the agency to exceed its own routine capabilities.
Any questions about ILEAS can be
directed to Officer Jeff Vernatti